Update about potential implications of the Corona virus on our teaching schedule in the summer term 2020
on its webpage, the ISC provides updates about current developments regarding the Corona virus and potential implications for our teaching schedule in the upcoming summer term. We try our best to hold all our lectures, but we have to wait and see how things develop. Therefore, we cannot give any informatoin on whether there may be changes in the teaching schedule. As soon as decisions are made, we will communicate them here (in this message).
Your team of the RWP
Update 1, 27.03.2020
Dear RWP students,
we hope you are coping well in these challenging times. We are working full-speed towards the coming summer term, starting on 20 April 2020.
Our promise to you: We will provide you with full learning experiences in all of our classes (overviews in English or German) – without any compromise on quality. Your study progress will not be interrupted.
This being said, some details on how we will organize our teaching remain open at this point. However, we do already know the following:
- In our BSc and MSc lectures with tutorials (International Accounting, Accounting for M&A Transactions, and Empirical Research in Accounting, Auditing and Analysis), there will be online videos with the main contents for you to watch whenever it suits you best.
- We will also offer interactive online sessions (during the scheduled class hours, most likely in Zoom) with examples and Q&A.
- Exams will take place in the regular formats – however, scheduling is still uncertain. We will do our best to manage any scheduling issues, allowing all our course participants to take the exam.
Two more things:
- We have slightly restructured the sequence of our BSc and MSc courses (overviews in English or German).
- Don’t forget to attend the practice-oriented courses offered by our honorary professors, Prof. Chris Aders (Transaktionsbezogene Unternehmensbewertung and Praxis der transaktionsorientierten Unternehmensbewertung) and Prof. Martin Plendl (Advanced Accounting). Attendance is limited, so please consider the registration deadlines.
In case you have questions, feel free to e-mail us. We’ll keep you posted.
Make the best of the “corona break” – and stay healthy!
Thorsten Sellhorn and the RWP team